23-5634-AUT- Assistive Technology for Reading Difficulties
Assistive Technology to Support Reading Difficulties - Online Workshop
For Primary and Post Primary Teachers and SNAs.
Course delivered by Deirdre Madden, Assistive Technology Outreach Coordinator - UCC Disability Support Service
What will I learn?
• What assistive technology (AT) is.
• Advice on using your computer well to make best use of your Assistive Technology.
• About free reading features on the iPad.
• Apps on the iPad to help with reading and capturing text.
• About a free reading program for the PC.
• To use the reader in Read & Write literacy support software.
• To adjust the screen to make text more readable with free program and with Read & Write.
• To make a sound file (MP3 ) of text (e.g. physics definitions, poetry).
• To use the Read & Write dictionary and picture dictionary.
• How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts.
• How to claim VAT back on AT and associated IT.
• About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route).
A link to access the course will be emailed to you prior to the course.
Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel your place you can do so by clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of your booking confirmation email. Course fees, if applicable, will only be refunded if you cancel 72 hours before the date and start time of the course. When you register for a course, you agree to these terms.
|Course Start Date / Time
|30-11-2023 4:00 pm
|Course End Date / Time
|30-11-2023 6:00 pm
|Cut off date
|30-11-2023 10:50 am