- About Us
Monday 17 September 2018
8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)
Certificate available for CPD.
This course acts as a prerequisite for the Paws b and .b courses.
We are delighted to announce that we will run an 8 week course in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction beginning on the 8th of October 2018.
This eight week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course is an evidence based educational training in Mindfulness. It comprises eight two hour sessions and one full day of retreat and practice.
It includes course materials which comprise of 3 guided meditations and a course workbook.
This course is the gold standard in mindfulness based training. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction was developed over 30 years ago by Dr.Jon Kabat- Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre, USA.
Some possible benefits of the programme are:
• Increased awareness and concentration
• Some people report a quieter mind, a sense of balance and enhanced well-being.
• Learning new ways to cope more effectively with the workings of the mind
• Learning new ways to cope more effectively with stress, pain or suffering.
• Learning to be kinder to ourselves and take better care of ourselves.
• Improved relationships
• Many health benefits have been suggested in the research indicating better sleep, less pain, better immunity, etc., although there is no guaranteed health outcome.
An informal pre-class orientation will take place by phone prior to enrolling on the course.
The course fee is €295- which includes eight 2 hour sessions, a detailed workbook, 3 audio meditations and a one day retreat on Saturday 24th of November in the Cork Education Support Centre.
October 8th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
October 15th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
October 22nd 4.00pm to 6.00pm
November 5th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
November 12th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
November 19th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
November 26th 4.00pm to 6.00pm
December 3rd 4.00pm to 6.00pm
Retreat Saturday 24th November 10.00am to 3.00pm
To reserve a place please complete the Application Form.The booking deposit is €50.
To apply online please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZJMxalWgTKIKeUkj2
Gemma Ní Dheasúnaigh: BA (Hons) , H.DipEd, PG in Primary Teaching, Currently reading BA (Hons) in Counselling & Psychotherapy, MSC in Mindfulness Based Interventions UCD.