- About Us
Monday 10 December 2018
8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)
Certificate available for CPD.
This course acts as a prerequisite for the Paws b and .b courses.
We are delighted to announce that we will run an 8 week course in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction beginning on the 11th February, 2019.
This eight week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course is an evidence based educational training in Mindfulness. It comprises eight two hour sessions and one full day of retreat and practice.
It includes course materials which comprise of 3 guided meditations and a course workbook.
This course is the gold standard in mindfulness based training. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction was developed over 30 years ago by Dr.Jon Kabat- Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre, USA.
Some possible benefits of the programme are:
• Increased awareness and concentration
• Some people report a quieter mind, a sense of balance and enhanced well-being.
• Learning new ways to cope more effectively with the workings of the mind
• Learning new ways to cope more effectively with stress, pain or suffering.
• Learning to be kinder to ourselves and take better care of ourselves.
• Improved relationships
• Many health benefits have been suggested in the research indicating better sleep, less pain, better immunity, etc., although there is no guaranteed health outcome.
An informal pre-class orientation will take place by phone prior to enrolling on the course.
The course fee is €295- which includes eight 2 hour sessions, a detailed workbook, 3 audio meditations and a one day retreat on Saturday 30th March.
Monday 11th February (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 25th February (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 4th March (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 11th March (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 18th March (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 25th March (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Retreat Saturday 30th March (10.00am to 3.00pm
Monday 1st April (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
Monday 8th April (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
To reserve a place please complete the Application Form.The booking deposit is €50.
To apply online please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZJMxalWgTKIKeUkj2
Gemma Ní Dheasúnaigh: BA (Hons) , H.DipEd, PG in Primary Teaching, Currently reading Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, MSC in Mindfulness Based Interventions UCD.