- About Us
Venue: Cork Education Centre
Date: Thursday 14th March 2019
Register at: Book your place with Cork Education Centre at www.cesc.ie (Please note you must complete the Y-PATH PE 4 ME 1 hour e-learning on the Irish Heart Foundation’s website first www.irishheart.ie/courses ).
What is Y-PATH PE 4 ME?
Y-PATH (Youth Physical Activity Towards Health) PE 4 ME is a junior cycle post-primary programme which aims to improve physical activity among children and young people through the physical education (PE) module in the school curriculum. The programme is bought to you as a result of a collaboration between the Irish Heart Foundation and Dublin City University.
What is involved in the programme?
The programme is available only to PE teachers. There are two parts to the Y-PATH PE 4 ME programme:
• A 1-hour online course on the Irish Heart Foundation website www.irishheart.ie/courses which must be completed by teacher before attending the workshop.
• 3-hour face to face evening workshop held in Education Centres nationally.
Teachers will then have the ability to implement the Y-PATH PE 4 ME programme into their PE classes. Teachers will be given a Y-PATH resource pack with lesson plans, posters, student journals, as well as access to an online teacher’s portal containing digital resources to assist with lessons.
How much does it cost?
The workshop is completely free.
Why do schools need Y-PATH PE 4 ME?
• Y-PATH PE 4 Me is the only programme of its kind in Ireland
• Acknowledged by the PDST, UCC and Sport Ireland
• Fits into wellbeing curriculum, highlighting wellbeing indicators involved in each lesson
• Uses a whole school approach with elements for students, teachers and parents
• Adapts current practice to allow engagement of all pupils within PE class
• Designed by teachers for teachers
• Evidence based on the needs of Irish children, backed by 8 years of research
• Does not require any major equipment to run lessons
• Emphasis on fundamental movement skills and physical literacy
• Aims to reduce the age-related decline in physical activity common among post primary school age students
• Focuses on empowerment, motivation and confidence
• Gives students the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities they enjoy
If you have any further questions, contact the schools team on (01) 6685001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date||Thursday 14 March 2019 - Thursday 14 March 2019|
|Time||6pm - 9pm|
|Venue||Cork Education Support Centre, Cork|
|Places||16 places remaining|
|Add to cart|