- About Us
What are The Zones of Regulation?
The Zones of Regulation Programme is a cognitive behaviour approach used to support self-regulation in pupils by categorising emotions and states of alertness into four concrete zones.
The programme teaches pupils to recognise when they are becoming less regulated and to use tools to self-regulate. Provides strategies to teach pupils to become more aware of, and independent in controlling their emotions and impulses, managing sensory needs, and improving ability to problem-solve.
The programme is easily adaptable to suit different needs. The Zones of Regulation complement several other programmes including: Incredible Years; Zippy’s Friends; Friends for Life and Alert Programme.
What will I Learn?
During the workshop participants will:
• Categorise emotions and levels of alertness using the four zones.
• Explore toolkit strategies for each of the zones.
• Consider simple ways to introduce the zones into classroom.
• Explore using the zones with pupils with SEN.
• Discuss practical examples of how the programme can be adapted to suit different needs and settings.
|Date||Monday 23 April 2018 - Monday 23 April 2018|
|Time||4.30pm to 6.30pm|
|Venue||Cork Education Support Centre, Cork|