- About Us
THIS IS A WAIT LIST ONLY, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED SHOULD A DATE BECOME AVAILABLE.
Active Learning Methodologies using ICT - Post-Primary Version
Course Description: This hands-on course uses a variety of practical websites, programmes and online resources to demonstrate to participants how ICT can be used effectively with active learning methodologies.
Duration: 5 hours ( 2 x 2.5 hour sessions over a two week period)
Day One TBC
Day Two TBC
Target Audience: This course is designed for Post-primary teachers of all subjects who wish to get practical ideas and practice in integrating and using active learning methodologies in ICT to support their classroom teaching.
Prerequisites: Participants should have some experience of carrying out basic ICT tasks (opening, editing, saving, closing files) and basic Internet skills.
● Participants will explore a range of classroom focused online resources
● Explore each of the key active learning methodologies through a range of classroom focused ICT tasks and activities.
● Develop and use a digital learning portfolio documenting work completed.
● Ability to create teaching and learning resources using ICT to support literacy and numeracy development in the classroom.
● Build awareness of applications to enhance teaching and learning in literacy and numeracy.
● Awareness of strategies for planning and sharing resources and ideas in participant’s own school.
● Sample actions related to developing the use of ICT to support school self evaluation in literacy and numeracy will also be provided.
Session 1: This literacy focused practical session introduces and engages participants with each of the methodologies through an ICT based teaching task. Participants will learn how to easily set up and maintain a digital portfolio as they investigate a range of suitable online tools and resources which can be applied in their own classrooms to support planning, teaching and learning. The session concludes with an overview of session two’s content and simple actions teachers can take to use these teacher friendly resources in their own classroom.
Session 2: This numeracy focused hands-on session will engage participants in a range of online problem solving tasks and activities before investigating other relevant numeracy resources which can be easily used to support teaching and learning. Participants will also investigate a range of new and exciting online tools that highlight the purposeful use of the environment for learning before examining how these useful resources can be meaningfully incorporated in planning, teaching and learning.
|Category||ICT - POST PRIMARY ONLY|
|Date||Monday 31 December 2018 - Monday 31 December 2018|
|Venue||Cork Education Support Centre, Cork|
|Add to cart|